Lets face it, some wedding cakes are really - um - not yummy. There are so many flavors out there now that you can combine anything with pretty much anything. Am I the only one that thinks that some things are just not meant to be together? From the outside the cake looks amazing and you can't wait to sharpen up your knife just to cut through the fondant. And then the reality hits you when you do a lap around the tables and see that 1 out of every 20 guest has actually indulged. Money well spent right? I think not. And I also think that there are alternatives to the wedding cake that are more crowd friendly, easier to serve, and not to mention good tasting. Oh yea, and it could save you money.
Personal Cake Shots
Ok, so you can't completely stray away from the cake. Serve up these little babies. Trending right now, and if they don't taste great at least they look cute as hell.
Pies
Do I have to elaborate?
Waffle Cake
Who doesn't love this breakfast treat? Perfect for earlier weddings and outdoors. Wait. Perfect anytime.
Cake Push-Pops
Whoever thought of this is my hero. The best part about it - you can have multiple flavors! May the odds be ever in your favor.
Macaroons
People go nuts over these things. And they come in any color.
Cream Puffs
So simple and perfect.
Crape Cake
Oh Man. Try one of these and you will forget all about traditional cake.
Donut Tower
Having a lot of policeman attending the wedding?
Cup Cakes
For some reason cup cakes taste better than cakes.
Ice-cream
What a crowd pleaser. This is one cake that can't be left out until its time. Plan accordingly.
Flan? Custard?
I'm not sure which this is but honestly it doesn't matter. Both great ideas.
Rice Krispy Treats
Not only is it simple and inexpensive, it looks incredible!
Cheese Wheel Cake
OMG I love cheese. I wonder how the topper will taste in a year...?
Photo Credits: trustedpartner.com; pinterest; bingimages;













No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.